Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Teaching Job

Picture
Next year, I will be teaching 3rd grade at Hayden Peak Elementary in West Jordan, Utah.  Hayden Peak is a year round school and I will be teaching B track meaning that I will teach from July to July but will get long breaks throughout the year.  Hayden Peak is the school which I student taught at and which I have been long term substitute teaching at.   I love the school and I am really excited to now be an actual teacher at the school.

The first day I came back from vacation my principal, Dana, called me into her office and asked me how my vacation was.  Then, after a very quick interview she offered me the job.  It seems as if everything went so fast.  I know all the basics for next year but I am slowly learning all of the details.  I wish that new teacher orientation would come a bit quicker so I could figure out all of the little things I am wondering.  I know that I could ask the other teachers on my team but I don't want to be a pest.  I feel like I have to bother them enough already with all of my questions about how to do all of the end of the year stuff.  If I am still left with any questions after new teacher orientation I will ask the questions to them.  Hopefully by then I will also know who my mentor teacher is going to be and I can ask him/her the question which I need answers to.

I will be on a team with 8 other 3rd grade teachers.  We are a really large team and I am really curious to see how the team dynamics will change with the changes the team has gone through this year and will go through next year.  I really like the other teachers on the team and I am excited to have the opportunity to learn more from them as well as continue to teach along side them.

I have been saying for awhile that I would enjoy teaching 2nd or 3rd grade.  I love the third grade curriculum (and I can actually do the math which is a plus).  I can't wait to get to set up a classroom of my own from the beginning of the year.  It is a dream come true to me!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and I'm so excited that we'll be in the same district and on the same track! You, Christina and I should go to the orientation together. Good luck with everything and I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Of course the snatched you up- they would have been idiots not to!!

    ReplyDelete