Thursday, June 4, 2009

El Yunque

We arrived in Puerto Rico today. It is so different here. Although this is a territory of the United States you would hardly know that from looking around. Everyone speaks Spanish, all the signs are in Spanish, no one knows how to drive and there is this amazing rain forest here.

We are staying at this little bed and breakfast in El Yunque National Forest which is a rainforest. This place is just the vacation which I needed. We were greeted by the owners, a very nice couple and their three dogs, and shortly after our arrival they had pina coladas ready for us. I can look out the window from my bed and see an amazing view of all of the different trees in a valley, if I look past the valley I can see the ocean. Off of my room is a balcony which has gardenia bushes(my favorite flower) at the end of it. I am typing this right now listening to the sound of coqui frogs (I even found one in the kitchen sink earlier!). And Shaun found a cute little lizard watching us from the mantel earlier. I can't wait to see what other little critters we will find on our hike to a waterfall tomorrow. I am so glad that we choose to start out our vacation by staying at here as I am sure to get some much needed relaxation and rest as I enjoy the nature around me.

I am excited as I think about what the rest of this vacation holds for us and I am so greatful that I get to spend this time with my family!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It sounds amazing! Give everyone my love- I'm missing you all like crazy!

    ReplyDelete