Friday, July 16, 2010

Nesting Instincts Meet Me a.k.a. Easily Distracted Procrastinator

Shaun left for New Orleans to help lead a high school mission trip last Sunday. Before he left I had this large list of things that I was going to get done while he was gone. I figured if I did a few things a day it would all get done no problem.

Well, this morning I realized that Shaun gets home tomorrow and I only had a couple of things off the list done. So, I got up with plenty of energy and started cleaning and organizing my house (things that were on my list). After a little while I went outside and noticed that the stairs leading up to my door were horribly dirty. Which began the first time today that my crazy nesting instincts and me being easily distracted met. I then spent the next hour cleaning the walkway and stairs leading up to my door. Not long after I went into the house and sat down on the couch for a quick snack and spilled my chips on the couch. Rather than just vacuuming them up like I would usually do I decided to clean all of my couch cushions (distraction #2). This ended up being a very time consuming job as taking the covers off of the cushions and putting them back on should be a two person job.

I then forced myself to finish a couple of things that I actually really needed to get done. Once about 6:00 rolled around I was exhausted and I have done nothing productive since. My kitchen is a mess (due to my distraction meeting my want of banana bread), the stuff from the closet in the nursery is pulled out but not gone through or put away, and my list is still there with not near enough things crossed off; however, my stairs are clean and bug free and my couch is beautifully clean. Good thing tomorrow is another day, maybe I'll stay more on task then!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn. You won the free MOPS International Membership from my post over at Long Days Short Years. Please email me at ps138.8dmh (at) gmail (dot)com so I can pass your info on to MOPS International for the free membership.

    ReplyDelete