Sunday, April 18, 2010

One of the Happiest Times of My Life


After many long years of trying to get pregnant, Shaun and I found out that I am pregnant on Valentine's Day. I had taken a pregnancy test the night before but didn't believe the positive result until I took a second one the morning of Valentine's Day. Since then I have been in complete joy as I think about and prepare for this baby. I love all of the firsts that we have been experiencing and will continue to experiencing.

Although my doctor wasn't sure if we would be able to hear the heartbeat right away due to my uterus being slightly tilted back, we were very happy that she was able to quickly pick up the babies heart beat. It was amazing to hear such a quick heartbeat beating along side mine. pregnancy is truly a miracle!

Last weekend we went to Fetal Studio in the mall to get an ultrasound. We would have rather gotten the ultrasound done at our doctor's office but they don't do the first ultrasound until around 19 weeks and last week I was only at 13 weeks. We were excited to see if they could find out the gender so we would know if we needed to return the girl clothes that Shaun had bought or the boy board books which I had bought. It wasn't long before it was clear that we are going to be having a boy!

As we have been trying to get pregnant for so long we have also been discussing names. Within a week or two of finding out I was pregnant we had it decide that if it was a girl we would name her Anna Marie and if it was a boy he would be Ethan Michael. I am now greatly enjoying being able to call our baby Ethan Michael rather than just "the baby."

My next step is now combining our office and spare bedroom so we can start to paint and prepare the nursery! I'm so excited!

Little Ethan's cute profile! It is hard to believe that something so small can have such distinct features.


Another profile picture, this one not near as clear as the last.

Proof that it's a boy!

Our little Ethan Michael!


No comments:

Post a Comment